State Privacy Laws Increase Data Protection
The passing of the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) in 2018 lead more states to propose their own versions of privacy legislation. Virgina passed the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (VCDPA) in early March 2021 with Colorado passing their bill, Protect Personal Data Privacy, in July 2021. As of 2021, 29 states have proposed legislation regarding data privacy. Though some have died or been postponed, we expect the examples being set by the Department of Defense and the White House Executive Order on Cybersecurity to increase the number of states pushing through some kind of privacy law.
CyberCompass helps businesses build cyber resilience that covers state data privacy laws and regulations. Our one-stop solution covers your business ecosystem of your people, processes, technology and vendors.
CyberCompass offers full virtual CISO services to move you from vulnerable to cyber resilient. We complete your comprehensive risk assessment and build a risk management plan to match your businesses needs, budget and privacy goals. We also complete any requests for proof of compliance with through documentation.
State Privacy Law Solution
- Under multiple regulations? We combine them into a single survey, saving time and money
- Get a prioritized risk report, allowing you to plan and budget corrective actions
- Complete suite of policies and procedures that comply with your state privacy law
- Your virtual CISO completes requests for proof of compliance
- Maintain all documentation in our online, encrypted vault
- CyberCompass Academy provides cybersecurity awareness training for your employees