HIPAA Compliance Isn’t New but Still Necessary
The healthcare industry is the top target of cyber crime. HIPAA compliance standards are focused on the privacy of patients and their information. Why is healthcare the top target?
- An average medical record is worth $350 on the black market in comparison to 50 cents for a credit card
- Most healthcare entities are not following basic security hygiene outlined by HIPAA regulations
ALERT: COVERED ENTITIES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR BUSINESS ASSOCIATE COMPLIANCE
While a business associate must agree to comply with HIPAA rules and is responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of PHI in its possession, it is your responsibility to guarantee HIPAA compliance. If one of your business associates fails to comply with HIPAA rules, it is your responsibility to take action. Make sure the noncompliance is corrected or you may have to terminate the contract. Seem overwhelming to maintain? We offer business associate HIPAA compliance tracking. Learn more about all of our features to help your business be cyber resilient.
Non HIPAA Compliance is Costly and Could Lead to Criminal Charges
The Office of Civil Rights (OCR) has settled or imposed a civil money penalty for over $100,000,000. OCR has investigated complaints against many different types of entities including national pharmacy chains, major medical centers, group health plans, hospital chains and small provider offices.
- The minimum fine for willful violations of HIPAA rules is $50,000
- The maximum criminal penalty for a HIPAA violation by an individual is $250,000
- Restitution may also need to be paid to the victims which could cost hundreds of thousands of dollars
- In addition to the financial penalty, a jail term is likely for a criminal violation of HIPAA rules
No matter your needs, we have products to help. From holistic full coverage or elements to fill your gaps, we’ve got you covered.
Get HIPAA compliant quickly and affordably
CyberCompass has taken the confusion, frustration and labor intensive requirements for HIPAA compliance and made it simple, easy and affordable.
Utilizing CyberCompass automated compliant software, CyberCompass, you get a fast, effective and efficient solution to protect your business, patients and meet HIPAA requirements including business associate compliance.
HIPAA Compliance Made Simple
CyberCompass automates compliance with built-in expertise that translates HIPAA government requirements into layman’s terms. It does most of the heavy lifting with the analysis and compliance documentation to streamline HIPAA compliance workflow.
It is cloud-based, so it can be accessed anywhere with no software download. You don’t have to be a HIPAA compliance expert to use CyberCompass.
Our automation can save your firm over 400 hours in twelve months on becoming and staying compliant.
- Answer one set of simple yes/no questions that meets HIPAA regulations
- Flexibility to start and stop – CyberCompass saves your progress
- Compliance gap report to gain visibility into your non-compliance and top priorities
- Built in step-by-step guide to fix issues and get compliant quickly
- CyberCompass® online vault to save your “body of evidence” in one place
- Complete required training with our HIPAA Officer and staff training, plus track completion
- Monitor your compliance for 12 months with dashboards and reporting
Want to know where your vulnerabilities are? Take our FREE Cyber Quick Check survey.
In 2 minutes you get an overview of where your biggest threats are.
See our HIPAA Frequently Asked Questions to learn more.