The California Consumer Protection Act deadline for compliance was January 1, 2020. The new enforcement policy started July 1, 2020. Now is the time to understand what you need to do in order to get compliant.
Companies serving California residents may find these CCPA requirements will force businesses to assess and remediate where they are non-compliant:
- Data inventory and mapping of in-scope personal data and instances of “selling” data
- New individual rights to data access and erasure
- New individual right to opt-out of data selling
- Updating service-level agreements with third-party data processors
- Remediation of information security gaps and system vulnerabilities
We understand companies are faced with a daunting effort to get CCPA compliant. Here are some of the requirements that need to be completed quickly:
- Understanding the requirements of the CCPA and what will impact their business
- Identifying the scope of the impact on existing and new processes
- Assigning specific stakeholders to own the new process
- Creating a project plan for complying with the law and the new regulatory requirements identified by each organization
- Implementing monitoring processes to ensure compliance
CyberCompass automates compliance, simplifying CCPA requirements into layman’s terms. It does most of the heavy lifting with the analysis and compliance documentation to streamline CCPA compliance workflow. Check off all your requirements and more in one tool. Our certified Commander performs your risk assessment, get prioritized corrective actions and create audit ready documentation with the click of a button.
It is cloud-based, so it can be accessed anywhere with no software download. You don’t have to be a CCPA cyber security expert to use CyberCompass.
- Answer one set of simple yes/no questions that meets CCPA regulations
- Flexibility to start and stop – CyberCompass saves your progress
- Compliance gap report to gain visibility into your non-compliance and top priorities
- Built in step-by-step guide to fix issues and get compliant quickly
- CyberCompass online vault to save your “body of evidence” in one place
- Complete required training, included in the tool
- Monitor your compliance for 12 months with dashboards and reporting